Thursday, March 20, 2014

Do people use glove compartments?

This is for all the times you said you'd be right back with no real intention:


When you buy sushi in a box it looks like a glass top coffin, but that doesn't stop you from enjoying every bite. Isn't that sick and twisted? Isn't that wrong? We cry over a bunch of spilled milk when we're the ones pouring it on the counters.

Complaints fly around about the crappy service in this rickety old high school hangout but you haven't worked a day in your life. So I don't want to hear it. There's french fries and there's ketchup but there's also napkins: so stop complaining about the mess the football team made of your life and start cleaning up after your own dirty habits.


You claim you're headed down a road goin nowhere real fast and you've missed too many stops to make it right. But I don't believe you, cause sin city and the Mormon Mecca are in the same direction if you're coming from Salt Lake and there's an exit every 10 feet to remind you that Hell was never worth the gas money.

So stop messing with the radio and steering with your knees. You're never going to find the perfect song to jam to or that sweet spot to aim the air conditioner. You're killing time so you can claim the road ended before you did, like that's some real excuse. 

16 comments:

  1. "here's an exit every 10 feet to remind you that Hell was never worth the gas money"

    I Like this. It is very visual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We cry over a bunch of spilled milk when we're the ones pouring it on the counters." Well dang I wish it never ended. You're writing is unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy hell I'm taping this to my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Hell was never worth the gas money"

    Yes yes yes yes to this post

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You claim you're headed down a road goin nowhere real fast and you've missed too many stops to make it right."
    I love how direct this is. Sushi, napkins, gas money, excuses, and all. I'm motivated to get my shit together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow...I'm stunned. This was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "But I don't believe you, cause sin city and the Mormon Mecca are in the same direction if you're coming from Salt Lake and there's an exit every 10 feet to remind you that Hell was never worth the gas money."

    The pictures. All of it. Powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For real, those last two paragraphs. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Top post of the year nominee. (That's a thing, I just made it up.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness. oh my goodness.
    YOU. so harsh but in a good way

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have much to say except for the fact that I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you. Thank you so much. Your writing is incredibly vulnerable and raw. Your work has made me cry, laugh, sparked my inner teen angst and made me wish on stars again. I really want to thank you for how unselfish you are for sharing this with me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. However, boxing wasn't always this civilized. A long time ago, sometime during 900 B.C., a Greek king named Thesus entertained himself by watching two men sitting in front of him and beating each other with their fists. The fight ended when one of them wound up dead. glovebox

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is no other big difference between Muay Thai gloves and normal boxing gloves which means you still can use normal boxing gloves in Muay Thai. However, it is still recommended that you should use Muay Thai gloves to fight Muay Thai. glove box

    ReplyDelete