Thursday, February 6, 2014

50 shades of

I redid my room because I felt like a baby. The walls were senseless and they didn't understand teenage angst. So I covered them with gray.

My mother thought she would be helpful and sew some curtains and a bedspread. Although I love the thought and the effort, it's matchey-matchey and it makes me feel like a baby.
So my room still doesn't understand what it means to be 17. But I'm not sure I do either.

I don't understand why people use hashtags for random sentences and jokes. Hashtags are meant to tag something generic like #TacoBell or #RomneyRyan2012
When passing a Calculus test is favored but doing well in Chemistry is unsuitable to the praised.
I just get confused.
If it's so annoying to deal with after school traffic, how come everyone does it?
If it's so much easier to study for tests little by little over time, how come no one does?
Driving a car to school is suitable, but getting a car to drive to school makes you spoiled.
J. Crew is actually expensive, but it's also where everyone chooses to shop when Van Heusen and The Loft make some pretty similar stuff.
Girls want teddy bears for Valentine's day but if I told you I asked for a giant teddy bear for Christmas, you'd laugh.
It's only worth it if you're getting money. Money that you're going to spend on the dollar menu because 'you worked hard for that money and you don't want to waste a lot of it.'


Maybe not understanding these things is why I feel inadequate at basketball games and why Instagram refuses me followers. But those probably stem from other personality flaws and I'm pushing the envelope pretending my bedroom curtains are to blame for my incompetence.

Either way I still feel like a baby and I'm running low on gray.

3 comments:

  1. This is really good
    "...and why Instagram refuses me followers"
    Worship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so real and true. so relatable and why do we do stupid things Priscilla,,,?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The walls were senseless and they didn't understand teenage angst"

    Brilliant. Raw. Honest.

    I once gave the girl I loved a medium sized teddy-bear and a heartfelt note for Christmas once. She thought I was insane. #teenagedating

    ReplyDelete