Sunday, May 4, 2014

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Why is swimsuit season a thing and why is there so much pressure to look good?

Why can't you like me even when I don't wear skirts as much as she does?

If I wore a skirt everyday would you hold my hand once in awhile?
If I can promise to curl my hair more often would it be worth it to keep me around?


I hate every last thing about my legs. Pastey and bruised, Not toned or thin or strong. They never did quite win you over and they make me a terrible height for slow dancing.

I'd like for you to tell me I'm beautiful without the tanning bed and eloquent without the 30 dollar clinique foundation.

         but you won't.

                                     because you've forgotten that hearts beat behind the picture frame you picked out and that feelings happen in teenage girls and confidence is that group of kids who will never follow you back on twitter because they simply

                       don't need you.


  You don't know that emotions are swirling my brain behind our passing conversations and that I'm SCREAMING at you to come home before you catch a cold but I think you like the cold, because she wears skirts every day and I hate everything about my legs.

and if that's the view you're willing to sell your soul for than I hope you have a nice vacation, because the devil has his dues and the resort will bleed you dry and then check you out of your room because they're on to the next guest who will always be more important than you.

Sorry about it.

10 comments:

  1. I wish I could find a way to make YOU see how much I love/hurt with this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much...yes at Jackie O's comment, spot on. You are amazing and you deserve the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes yes yes yes. I love throwing it in their face and letting it all out in writing. Greatest feeling ever, and you're really good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. You are just an amazing writer and you portray your feels really good throughout this post.
    Stick it to the man. Literally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "without the tanning bed and eloquent without the 30 dollar clinique foundation."

    "because you've forgotten that hearts beat behind the picture frame you picked out."

    "and if that's the view you're willing to sell your soul for than I hope you have a nice vacation"

    Too good I think we can all agree on that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm SCREAMING at you to come home before you catch a cold but I think you like the cold, because she wears skirts every day and I hate everything about my legs.


    i'll admit i didn't read you nearly enough when i knew you were both peter and priscilla. i just always read peter. so i guess it's a good thing you haven't posted on there in a week and i totally forgot there was another place where you write and i'm so glad i remembered. because this was just really emotional in all the best ways, yes to jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Alec and Jackie. I love your writing style. It's crazy how your posts take everyone on a trip and make us feel with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. " because you've forgotten that hearts beat behind the picture frame you picked out " I got cold. This was so honest and so heartbreaking. I love your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "because she wears skirts every day and I hate everything about my legs."

    Poetic. Anyone could write this sentence, but no one else did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I hope you have a nice vacation, because the devil has his dues and the resort will bleed you dry and then check you out of your room"

    Wow, I love this.

    ReplyDelete